As the definition goes a house is a place of rest or repose. Usually when your friends / family come to visit you am sure the first thing you do is to make sure your house look cozy and spectacular. compliments such as ‘ ‘ wow your house looks nice’’, ‘’ where did you get your furniture. …..’’they do put a smile on our faces and while answering back you will have a lot of confidence because you will know you haven’t fail at all on ensuring your living room looks like a paradise.
Things to consider;
Your furniture should be the very first thing to consider since you couldn’t allow your visitors to sit on the floor. On choosing the right furniture be it your living room or bedroom go for the material and texture .the material/ fabric should be durable, easy to wash and comfortable. On the fabric we have leather and velvet the taste is always yours .Then another important thing to consider is the design. If your living room is small go for a design that doesn’t occupy a lot of space, and vise versa. I think we should try this tradition where we will have a lot of seats and of one color. It’s not a must that to have a lot of seat you can go for 5 seater and the rest of the space you can decorate using buffs and throw pillows and sure you will love that look in your living room .something to note. You don’t have to put so many seats of the same color in your living room, try minimize the number plus play along with the colors.
- I ‘m sure most of us love carpets ,apart from adding beauty also it feels good when you stepping on something soft/fluffy .when you are living in a place that is cold I would recommend you put a carpet as it brings at least some warmth .If your seats are of dark colors go for bright- colored carpets and vise versa.
This is also a tricky part to most of the people in Choosing the right curtain. we can agree curtains add beauty in our houses. Some of the things to put in mind when choosing a suitable curtain.
- Lighting and privacy.
If your house has a lot of light going through, and maybe you want some privacy then you can go for heavier fabric. Put light sheer then a heavier one and try mix the colors to bring some beauty.
N/B; TOO MUCH LIGHT TRENDS TO FADE BRIGHT COLORED CURTAINS.
You don’t have to go through the stress of filling or arranging so many sheers on your window.
- The height of your curtains also matters. For your curtains to look presentable when draped, they should slightly tough the floor and also they should be high almost to the
- Check for the material, you can go for heavier fabric like sued and velvet ,and light weight like cotton.
- Style; pull in a hue from your color pallet with solid or patterned window treatment.
- Throw pillows.
I love throw pillows cause they add more beauty into your living room or bedroom, especially when well fitted .When placing pillows on your seat consider the color, size and shape, fabric, prints, number. The good thing with throw pillows they can even be placed on the floor and still look good .Throw pillows come in different shapes like; knot pillows, bolster pillows/sausage, oval , and square……..When it comes to fabric designers have tried a lot the ones I can’t get enough of are Ankara and customized ones, At least try them out. Always on the prints, one small print, one big print and one solid print should go hand in hand .As you move towards the inside of the sofa, the pillows should get smaller ,at least leave a space where people can sit comfortably.
Arrangement is also important, symmetrical arrangement looks orderly and polished.
- Wallpapers also add some attractiveness in the house ,choose the one that is removable and easy to clean incase you are renting .