Having a soft and smooth skin is something we all pursue, and therefore taking care of it is very important. Love your skin by giving it the best attention. This can be achieved by moisturizing it daily and using the right products which will leave it glowing.
Examples of common skin problems include; acne dryness and dark spots.
DIY to avoid
Many people will use these DIY hacks and confess that they work out but they do come with long term harm than benefits.
- Lemon juice has citric acid that is not suitable to your skin. It can leave your skin dry and irritated.
- Baking soda has a PH of 8 which can dehydrate your skin.
- Toothpaste will leave your skin dry and irritated.
- Sugar is harsh to the skin on your face instead use honey.
Ways of treating your skin.
- Acne: Without going to a dermatologist you can buy some of these products from the chemist; salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxyl acids, tree oil.
- For blemishes, scars and hyperpigmentaion, you can use silicone gel; which improves scar thickness, color and texture. Honey, which helps to heal wounds, Vitamin C, always go for these ingredients when shopping for creams and moisturizers. Vitamin C works when combined with other lightening ingredients like soy and licorine.
If your skin problems don’t go away feel free to visit a dermatologist to prescribe some treatment. Remember your skin type can affect how products work, using the wrong products even when natural, can cause redness and breakouts so adapt a skin care routine.
Some of the skin routines you must commit to include;
At times you find that our skin always tends to get rough, the best way of taking care of your skin is always by scrubbing. Scrubbing is very important as it helps to remove dead cells and debris leaving your skin glowing. You can buy a scrub at the market and do it at the comfort of your home or go to a spa to get the services.
- Always go for a replenishing moisturizer.
In order to have a soft hydrated skin, try a nourishing moisturizer. You can use lotions like nivea ,dove cream oil and many others .These moisturizer are always formulated with skin natural nutrients and rich essential oil leaving your skin soft and smooth. .
- Drinking plenty of water help in keeping skin hydrated hence leaving it soft.
- Nourish your skin.
Go for skin smoothing ingredients. Choose the one that is gentle to your skin. You can use nourishing products such as shea butter, coconut oil, nivea. Nourishing products helps to protect your skin. Remember nourishing products can be used by both men and women.
- Don’t forget your hands
Hands form part of your skin. Many a times, we use our hands a lot to do a lot of activities hence making them dry. Ladies having hand cream is normal unlike men who sometimes face stereotype. Always moisturize your hands whether you are a woman or man. When going to bed remember to apply hand cream as it leaves your skin smooth. Try this daily routine and you will never go wrong.
- Take hot shower.
Having a hot shower helps to take off bad odor and also, the high temperatures can melt away your skin’s protective lipid layer which helps your skin retain water and stay soft and smooth.
- Switch the products with seasons
You will find that when certain season approaches, the weather changes so is your skin texture too. Especially when the weather is harsh your skin will always get delicate. Choose products that fit your skin type and sensitivity and remember to read the labels.
Natural products for glowing skin
They are rich in anti-aging agent called lycopene. It protects skin from harmful ultraviolent ray. It also has vitamin C which prevents the cell from damage caused by free radicals.
- Sweet potato
It has large amount of vitamin C which increases production of collagen.
Especially walnuts which has omega 3 fatty aid and vitamin E which lessen the chances of skin cancer and increases skin aging process, also protects skin from ultraviolent rays.
They include; strawberry, raspberry which have antioxidants which helps to slow down the aging process.
Other natural products include; spinach, papaya, green tea which reduces aging process and helps prevent cell damage. You can also use yogurt mask, banana mask, almonds paste, honey and lemon juice and, potatoes. The potassium in bananas helps hydrate your skin. Yoghurt contains lactic acid which helps soften dry skin. It also hydrates, fights wrinkles and fine lines. Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic properties so it cleans your skin and is great for acne treatment.