Lint is a build- up in locs usually whitish that makes it impossible to brush off or rinse. Lint is usually tiny pieces of fibres or debris that have allied themselves to your locs. They can come from hats , scarves, pillow, sweaters that comes into close contact with your locs.
WAYS WHICH LINTS COME ABOUT.
- Using heavy creamy products such conditioners ,wax,
gels and creamy oil like shea butter.
- Staying for a period of time without washing your locs .products up in your hair and attracts particles of all kind from the environment.
- Wearing woolen knits that come around your head/ neck and rub again your locs as you wear them like a coat scarf.
- Drying your locs with a towel.
HOW TO GET RID OF LINTS IN LOCS.
- Use apple cider vinegar rinse- this is quick way to get rid of lints. Mix 2 cups of water with ½ cup of apple cider vinegar.
- If you have a small amount of lint use a shampoo comb made especially for dreadlocks as it also help to remove the fuzz without thinning out your locs.
- Try lint free microfiber towel. They are absorbent and help to absorb excess water from your wet locs, reduce the risk or mildew or mold growth.
- Try use pillow with satin material even for your bonnet should be made of satin.
- Use only clear oil like olive oil ,ovacado oil or castor oil.
- Shampoo your locs thoroughly twice a month or at least a month to keep product build up at bay